Communications and Community Manager
Do you want to manage the communications and drive community engagement for India’s best singles network?
This role has a unique cross-functional view into operations, marketing and customer success.
Floh was founded in 2011 as India’s first curated network for singles. Since then, the company has grown into a hybrid platform connecting singles at over 300 events a year across India, and through web and mobile experiences. We’re not a swipe right/ swipe left app and never plan to be that. This means that this role requires immense amounts of creativity, amazing communication skills and a great personality.
Why is this role important?
We have built a product loved by customers, and we’re on an incredible growth trajectory. If you are someone who loves writing, and isn’t shy to constantly experiment, then this is the perfect role for you. You need to drive content and community engagement, while making sure customers continue to be successful at Floh even as we scale up. This is no small challenge.
1. Create exciting, compelling and original communication for our event announcements.
2. Manage all event announcements, communications, mailing lists, and follow ups with the community.
3. Manage all customer and partner care queries via Freshdesk.
4. Create and publish content to our blog. Amplify the reach by posting across Floh’s social media assets.
5. Engage meaningfully with the community. Run polls, share stories, shoot photos and create videos of our members and partners.
6. Get feedback from the community and act on the feedback.
7. Design and publish a monthly newsletter for the community and the ecosystem.
8. Any other responsibilities that enhance the experience of the community members.
Skills we are looking for
1. Outstanding writing skills and a great command over the English language. This is the most important skill.
2. Have experience using Mailchimp. Power users will have an advantage.
3. Familiarity with being a Wordpress admin.
4. Fluency with handling social media accounts as a business user – specifically Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. The ‘business user’ part is important.
5. The ability to design and edit mailers, newsletters, digital cards, photographs, short videos, etc.
6. If you shoot good photos and videos, that’s an added advantage and your skills will certainly be useful in this role.
7. The years of work experience or your qualifications do not matter. What matters is your ability to get the job done in a way that is aligned with our brand and values.
You will learn or improve your skills in many areas including:
1. How to drive communications that adds to the momentum of a fast-growing company.
2. How to build a community of users who love our product.
3. How to use data to prioritize.
4. Work closely with a world-class operations and product team. People who are really smart.
If you fit the bill, write in to us at email@example.com, with your resumé and a covering note on why you’d be a perfect fit for the role. Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile.